CHAPTER 9 TIMELINE
2. South generates 3, 135 bales of cotton
* Hardly 100, 000 white settlers lives in Trans-Appalachia * Wonderful cities such as Chicago and Pittsburgh are still small villages * Area companies start off hawking huge areas of New york city, Ohio, and Kentucky to prospective settlers * Huge increase in countrywide population start off
* Eli Whitney develops organic cotton gin, created to strip fibers from the seed. Speed up laborers' work and raised benefit of southern land, opened up economic possibilities 1800
* Average farm at this time is no much more than 100 to 150 miles, due to division of farms 2. Nearly 20% of male taxpayers in southeastern Philadelphia are sole (evidence that young men late marriage until they may establish themselves financially. ) * Southern agriculture is disarrayвЂ¦ low prices, land fatigued for its fertility, and the decrease of laves during the revolutionary battle left Chesapeake economy in shambles 2. Absentee property owners have immersed much of present-day West Va, Tennessee, and western Carolinas. 1803
5. Georgia and South Carolina by itself import 20, 000 new slaves 1805
* Natural cotton accounts for 30 % of the nation's agricultural exports * Human tide appears to grow in trans-Appalachia.
* Slave trade ends
* Number of people surviving in trans-Appalachians expands to 1 million 1820
2. South's organic cotton output mushrooms to 334, 378 bales
* Because Northeast's population and demands grow, the region's once heavily forested landscape reduces. * Dramatic changes in dock cities of Northeast: area contains four cities of more than 50, 1000 * Metropolitan areas in trans-Appalachia like Chicago, il and Maryland hold 30 percent of nation's population. * New York finally establishes secure and enough water supply with all the construction from the Croton Aqueduct. * Indian-White Relations
5. Vast regions of trans-Appalachians still controlled simply by Native American tribes 2. Federal govt. starts to create policies that will govern Indian-White relations 5. nonintercourse act of 1790: declares that public treaties that were ratified by Congress would be the simply legal means of obtaining Of india land. 1793
* Congress appropriates 20 dollars, 000 to advertise literacy, agriculture, and professional instruction between Indians. 1794
2. President Buenos aires sends Basic Anthony Wayne to beat Indian level of resistance in Southwest. White settlers won against Indians with the Battle of Fallen Timbers. Treaty of Grenville is passed, beginning the heart of the Old Northwest to white control. 1799
* Iroquois prophet, Attractive Lake commences preaching mix of Indian and white techniques: temperance, peace, land retention, and a brand new religion merging elements of Christianity and classic Iroquois opinion. 1808
* Cherokee Nationwide Council retreats into a created legal code combining portions of U. S i9000. and Indian Law 1809
* Shawnee leaders Tecumseh and Tenskwatawa learn to warn local tribes regarding the dangers that might come. That they form alliances and established headquarters and Kithtippecanoe. Tecumseh carries his message south to the Creek and Cherokee, seeming extremely bitter. 1811
* Even though southern tribes refuse to become a member of, more than one particular, 000 preventing men accumulate at Kithitippecanoe. 1813
* Red Twigs (fighting Creeks) carries out number of devastating raids and assaulted Fort Mims on the Alabama river, eliminating 500 men, women, and children. 1814
* Climax of Creek Conflict: While American cannon open fire rakes the Red Stick's town of Tohopeka, Cherokee warriors cut off all desire of retreat. More than 800 Native Americans passes away afterwards because Andrew Knutson finishes his victory with destroying the rest of the Red Stick towns. 1820
* Much more than 1, three hundred black slaves in the Cherokee nation.
5. Congress abolishes factory program where Indians would go intended for fairer treatment 1824
* Tribal legislation forbids intermarriage with blacks...